We receive a lot of questions about our classroom lessons concerning covid-19. We do everything in our power to limit the risk of spreading the virus. That’s why we offer hybride courses: students can join online or physically. You can choose for each individual lesson which option you prefer.
We are back in the classroom starting March 1st!
According to the government website, we are currently allowed to have physical classes again. We have taken lots of measurements to ensure safe learning. You can read all about it below.
Please read here:
- What happens when the lockdown is prolonged
- Which measurements we took for the lockdown
- Which measurements we took to ensure corona-safe learning
What happens with the physical courses if the lockdown is prolonged?
In case the lockdown takes longer than until January 18th, we will start the courses on the day that they’re planned, but they will start online. This means:
- You can follow the lessons on Zoom at the start of the course.
- Once the lockdown is finished, the course will continue in our covid-proof classrooms.
- You can still join online, even when we’re back in the classroom, in case you need/want to quarantine.
If you ordered the course book from us, we will ship it to the address provided in your registration. Please inform us if you want it shipped to another address!
Lockdown until 17th of January: only online lessons
The Netherlands went into a lockdown, which will last at least until January 17th. This unfortunately means that we are not allowed to offer classroom (physical) lessons in this period.
For our current students, this means that:
1. All courses that have already started, will be continued online. We have notified our students how to continue.
2. Some courses (starting in January AND after) will start later than originally planned.
3. The intensive courses that were scheduled in January, will be cancelled completely.
Are you currently enrolled in a course? Then join the classes via the Zoom link provided at the start of the course.
Did you sign up for a course starting in January or later? Please check the website to see if the course dates changed. If the new course dates or online teaching doesn’t suit you, please also check if any of the other courses would suit you.
We will go back to usual as soon as it’s allowed again. No worries, we aim to make our online lessons as engaging as the classroom sessions 😉
The Learn Dutch in Maastricht Team
We do everything we can to limit the spreading of the disease.
These are the measurements we took:
- Starting December 1st, face masks will be obligatory in all public buildings in The Netherlands.
- This means that you should wear your mask when you enter the BrightSpace building and when you walk around in the communal areas.
- Once you’re seated in the classroom, you can take off your masks.
- In case you or a house member show symptoms, you stay home. You can follow the lessons real-time via Zoom.
- In case more restrictions are put in place, (the remainder of) the course will take place via Zoom. We aim to keep teaching physically as long as it’s allowed and possible.
- We keep at least 1,5 meter in between students. Keep your distance from others in and around the building.
- There’s a sanitizing station at the entrance of the building. Everybody who enters the building has to sanitize their hands.
- The furniture will be disinfected after every lesson.
- Only use the bathroom when necessary and at your own risk. Bathrooms are cleaned regularly and disinfectant is available.
- We ventilate the rooms before and after class.
- Facemasks are not obligatory in class, but welcome.