Dutch A2 part 1: Pre-intermediate. Proficiency level after completing Dutch course: A2
What do I need to know to join?
In order to join the A2-1 Dutch course, you have to be able to interact in a simple way, provided the other person speaks slowly and clearly, and is prepared to help out. You can participate in basic Dutch conversations while shopping, in bars and restaurants, or at home. You can ask for directions, tell an uncomplicated story, talk about your past and next weekend, and write a simple e-mail and/or letter. Grammatical proficiency: you are comfortable using the past and future tense.
What is my level after completing A2 part 1?
After completing Dutch A2 part 1 you are able to …
• go to the cinema (buy a ticket, understand and give information about the movies)
• politely ask for information
• enquire after the other people’s future plans
• express your opinion briefly and enquire after the other people’s opinions
• ask and give advice
• write a postcard from your holiday address
• make a phone call
After completing A2 part 1 you know…
• how to use more complicated sentences in Dutch (subordinate phrases, using words like because, while, even though, afterwards, as soon as, if, etc.)
• basic vocabulary regarding the following themes: fashion, colors, movies, public transport, housing
After completing A2-1 your level of Dutch is A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).