Did you take a basic Dutch course at the Talencentrum or with me or did you pick up quite some Dutch here and there already? Then this is the course for you.
– learn to speak about the past in present perfect tense (ik heb gewerkt)
– expand your vocab and grammar
– practice your conversation skills by talking and listening, discussions and language games.
What do I need to know to join?
In order to join the A1 part 2 course, you need to be able to introduce yourself and others in Dutch. You can ask and answer simple questions about yourself, such as where you live, people you know, and things you own. You can talk about your family, tell time, make an appointment, and order something at a bar, restaurant, or marketplace. You can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases to satisfy concrete needs. Grammatical proficiency: you are comfortable in using only the present tense.
What is my level after completing A1 part 2?
After completing A1 part 2 you are able to …
• talk about the weather
• describe your job and education and ask others about their job and education
• describe and ask for directions in cities or buildings.
• congratulate someone on their birthday, their new job, their new home, etc.
• talk about your past, about what you did last weekend, about your last holiday, about when you were a child, etc.
• talk about your plans for the rest of the day, for tomorrow, for the rest of the week and in the far future
• travel by public transport (buy a train ticket, understand and give information about travelling by train)
After completing A1 part 2 you know…
• how to use the present perfect tense
• vocabulary regarding the following themes: public transport, maps and directions, cinema, customer service, holidays
• Dutch customs regarding birthdays, small talk and communication by phone
After completing A1 part 2 your level of Dutch is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
The course is 8 lessons (1,5 hour each) for €80. Only 10 spots in total!